Ski French Alps
In downtown, 5mn walk from the slopes
How have hygiene and cleaning measures changed at the hotel?
- Common area cleaning: handles and switches with be cleaned multiple times a day, room keys and the credit card machine will be disinfected after each use.
- Rooms will not be re-let for 24 hours after guest departure (subject to availability).
- Cleaning equipment will be changed after each room is cleaned, especially cloths and microfiber wipes.
What prevention measures will staff follow?
- All staff will have masks, gloves and sanitising gel.
- All staff will apply preventive measures and wash their hands as regularly as possible and after each interaction with guests/other staff.
How will hotel services be affected?
- The usual open buffet will be replaced by individual packaging to avoid interactions.
- I order to avoid contamination during stays of more than one night, the cleaning of the room will not be daily, but it will be done every 3 nights, or upon request.
Will masks and sanitising gel be available for guests?
- Yes, we will offer all guests masks and sanitising gel on arrival for their safety inside and outside the hotel.
The Hotel du Bourg sits at the centre of Valmorel on the village shopping street. With beautiful rock arches and wooden balconies, the hotel integrates perfectly with the local Savoie architecture, which you can see both throughout Valmorel and replicated in the eye-catching fresco that adorns the front of the hotel.
Our 3-star family-friendly ski hotel is the starting point to the ski slopes: they are just 100m away. Ski rental shops, the children’s club, shopping boutiques, a cinema and restaurants are all within 5-minutes walk of the hotel.
The Grand Domaine mountain is accessible to all. Beginner or advanced, you’ll be able to enjoy your favourite winter sport at your own pace. Valmorel will charm you with its rustic atmosphere, so that children, parents and friends will spend an unforgettable holiday, at the heart of the Tarentaise Valley.
The Hotel du Bourg in short :
- A 3-star hotel at the centre of the village
- 5mn walk from the slopes of the Grand Domaine ski area
- 52 rooms that sleep up to 4 people
- Free Wi-Fi in the public areas and the confort rooms
- Sunny terrace overlooking the mountains
- Short-term parking
- English pub
Summer at the Hôtel du Bourg
During the summer, Valmorel will appeal to all lovers of nature and fresh air. The surrounding Vanoise, Lauziere and Beaufortain mountain ranges – part of the French Alps - offer a host of activities to enjoy alone or with family and friends.
There are many ways to discover the mountains surrounding Valmorel and the alpine grasslands of Savoie. Follow the via ferrata, trek the adventure trails that originate from Valmorel village, rock climb, or ride the ski lift. Bicycles and mountain bikes can be taken on some of the ski lifts and cable cars too, so you can also explore on two wheels.
Down on the ground, try the exciting activity of canyoning in the foothills of the French Alps, or relax in the summer sun at Valmorel’s beautiful open-air swimming pool.
Winter at the Hôtel du Bourg
Experience the Grand Domaine (1400-2550m): 165km of slopes, 50 ski lifts and vertical drops of nearly 1300m, located between the Tarentaise and Maurienne Valleys in the French Alps. Downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, trekking, snowboarding, speed riding, sledging…if you can imagine it, you’ll find it here.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a first timer, want to try something new or are seeking the thrill of skiing on virgin snow…it’s all here waiting for you. With so many individual and group classes around the resort, you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to learning a new talent or improving your skills.
The Hotel du Bourg, Valmorel, is minutes away from the first ski area of the famous Tarentaise Valley. The slopes are blessed with optimal snow - both in quality and quantity. At 1400m the resort’s special geographical location gives it significant snow cover during the whole winter. Watch this video to learn more about the specific snow situation of Valmorel
The hotel will open for winter on December 19th, Bookings are always cheaper if you book direct. So come and see us the winter !.